Monday 14 September 2020

Hoe waka

 This week we have been working on hoe waka. take a look at my make and please leave a comment.



1.What are “hoe waka”? Paddles

 2.What were waka taua used for? For transport or funerals

 3.What are 4 reasons hoe waka were important to Māori life? Because some of the symbols are important, it means mana, they were used as weapons, they helped maori to get around.

 4.Where did the designs on hoe waka come from? What is the name for the designs on them? They put clouds, rain, nature and taniwha.

 5.Who exchanged things on october 1769? (the 2 groups) tapa clothes potato and beads.

 6.Where are those hoe waka now? Safely placed in museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Market day.

 Kia ora! Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday on Wednesday we had somthing called market day. All of the school was split up into their own t...