Wednesday 1 July 2020

The taniwha and the marae.

The taniwha and the marae.


On my way to school lining up to get on the boat I waited with my friends by a tree log. When I saw the two boats come to the side of the bridge me and my friends ran to the boats and hopped on. Well we were slowly turning, we went the wrong way and got stuck by a dead end. We had a new teacher rowing us around, when the other boat ternd to school are boat turned to go the wrong way. “I know a way through,” said the teacher nervously. All the people in the boat were not easily convinced !BANG!Mark had hit the teacher in the head and took over. “OK THIS IS WHAT WHERE…” “Slow down Mark,” said Linda. They all got out of the boat and started walking through the forest. After walking for a good half hour we found the school by following the trees with marks on them. “COME INSIDE KIDS YOUR LATE” said the teacher but the other teacher that took us on the boat was still passed out. We went to our class and sat down just in time for math. “Ok class we will be starting math and learning divisions”. Said Ms Lana. We took all are stuff and took a seat on the corner couch. After the bell rang we handed in are math sheets and went outside to the playground and ate food. The school bully walked up to me and my friends and asked for food.”i'll knock you out if you don't give me your food”.”RUN”...We fell into mud after running for hours but I didn't know what to do.

  Chapter 2- what is that?

“EW MY CLOTHES” I said in a shock, breathing hard. Brushing the dirt of my face was yuck and I even found a bug in my pants. “A-a taniwha was in the marae,” said Linda. My mind went blank when I was running so I had no idea what we were running from. We walked across the lake to get back to the marae after searching for the marks on the trees. When we found the mark we could see the marae in the fog and smoke. “OVER THERE THE TANIWHA”.the marae was spick and span but the big blue taniwha was siting on top of a tree. “Kia ora tamariki” the taniwha said in a low voice. “H-hello taniwha why are you here” I said in a shocked voice to see the taniwha. “What is that? It doesn't look like a taniwha it looks like a jelly bean”.” I just wanted a friend but nobody likes me, because they think I'm big and scary”. My friends looked at me and looked at the taniwha. Linda whispers “are you going to be friends with him”. I looked up and the taniwha and said “We can be your friends” “REALLY!” said Mark. we all talked it out and the taniwha agreed but there was one small problem...No kids at all were found in the forest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Market day.

 Kia ora! Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday on Wednesday we had somthing called market day. All of the school was split up into their own t...