Tuesday 16 March 2021

Instruments-Counting the beat.

        Kia ora, my name is Mikaylah. Welcome to my first blog post at Hornby High School. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

During the last few weeks my class has been  doing something called- Counting the beat -where we learn about different instruments.

We have been listening to different types of music, like...

- Choir

-Kapahaka/haka 

-Top 20 radio songs

-Stomp music

-Top dancing music 

-Orchestra 

-Looping

And meany more...

-Beats- 

Another thing we focused on was beats. A video we watched to show a demonstration was the cup song. The cup song uses cups to make a beat. Not just cups are in the song, also different beats in the background of the song like...A piano guitar and a little bit of drums if you listen closely. 

Here in the link the the cup song- Cup song-Counting the beat.   

-Instruments we played-

So far we have tried to play the Ucalele and the recorder  

Makala Baritone MK-B Ukulele w/bag - The Family Music Store   RECORDER (CREAM) - Qizzle

I tried to play the recorder- I learnt to play -Merry had a little lamb- The recorder was really hard to play. It made funny noises when you played to hard, and it went out of tune when you took your finger of the back hole. Other then that I did really good learning the song. 

I was in a team with Mea and Azire.



Thank you for looking at my first blog post. please like comment and follow me for more blog posts.

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mikaylah, I really enjoyed reading your blog post. This is an excellent presentation of what you have been doing so far in Hurumanu 2. I really enjoyed your performance with the recorder. You clearly have a passion for music. What is your favourite instrument and why?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Market day.

 Kia ora! Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday on Wednesday we had somthing called market day. All of the school was split up into their own t...