Monday 21 June 2021

Manu Tukutuku.

       Manu Tukutuku

            By Mikaylah and Katene

-----------------------------

Kia ora welcome back to another blog post!

Today we are going to be talking about Manu Tukutuku 

------------------------------

Mikaylah: This week we are celebrating Matariki in Aotearoa (New Zealand).

A Manu Tukutuku is a traditional Maori kite kids flew during Matariki. It was also used during war or battles. Maori would through the kites into the air to see where a war is or where it was going to happen

----------------------------------

What we used to make are Manu Tukutuku.

we used....
-1x pipe cleaner 

-1m string 

-3x sticks

-2x paper 

-1m raffia ribbon

and feathers.

------------------------------------

Katene: First we used the paper to make a triangle shape. Then on one peace of paper we put the 3 sticks on the paper tapeing it down. Next we put the other peace of paper on top making sure the sticks were on the inside tapeing the paper together. The raffia ribbon into peaces and folded them into half's. We stuck the string onto the inside and then put the raffia ribbon onto the stick. Then I cut a peace of paper and colored it in black so I could rap the ribbon around it. Next Mikaylah added the finishing touches and added the feathers and pipe cleaner on the back and front.

----------------------------------------

Here is a picture...

Front

Back

And that's how we made are Manu Tukutuku.


 


1 comment:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Market day.

 Kia ora! Welcome back to my blog. Yesterday on Wednesday we had somthing called market day. All of the school was split up into their own t...